The EMF Safety Network’s Sandi Maurer said today that the California Department of Public Health issued an advisory, concerning steps to take to reduce the possible effects of exposure to radio frequency energy from cell phones. The steps include:
- Keeping the phone away from the body
- Reducing cell phone use when the signal is weak
- Reducing the use of cell phones to stream audio or video, or to download or upload large files
- Keeping the phone away from the bed at night
- Removing headsets when not on a call
- Avoiding products that claim to block radio frequency energy. These products may actually increase your exposure.
The main character of the novel, “High Ground,” is hypersensitive to electromagnetic radiation (EMR), also referred to as electromagnetic fields (EMF). While the science is still inconclusive about low-level health risks, higher level risks such as close contact with radars or microwave sources are well known.
The backdrop of “High Ground” poses the question about the expansive proliferation of EMR in our everyday environment and what this may mean to the health of our citizens, now and in the future. To read more, click here: “High Ground,” The Back Story
See the CDPH advisory: How to Reduce Exposure to Radiofrequency Energy from Cell Phones